Thursday, November 10, 2011

things that make me happy

going to my favorite place with my favorite friends

climbing fake trees in restaurants

random dance parties with my roommates

pillow pets




little brothers who will take lots of pictures with me

words of wisdom from Jesse


knowing my sister and brother are out changing peoples lives

that I have such a GOOD LOOKIN mom, and that she really does take care of me better than anyone else.

I love my siblings more than anything.  I think high school brought me closer with the boys.  Me and Corey have always gotten along, but it wasn't until I was a freshman and we rode to school together did we really become best friends. We went to Dennys at midnight to eat brownies and talk about our current love lives, and how I hated girls in high school..  
Me and Jesse RARELY got along, and I hated it.  Everything with us was a fight, and it was usually me yelling at him.  But when he reached high school we became best friends too, literally.  I told that boy everything about the girls that hated me, and the boys that I was falling after.  When he thought a guy was going to screw me over, he told me, and he was always right.  When we were at the beach we sat next to each other in chairs at the edge of the water and we just talked about everything, mostly me leaving for college.  He told me he would miss me, its one of my favorite memories. He recently broke his ankle and has to get surgery on friday. SAD.  I just want to be home and sit with him and have a movie marathon and eat lots of bojangles, because we do that really well.
Everyone always gets along with Bradley.  When even I talk to my mom and hear him in the background I get so sad and it takes all my might not to cry.  That little boy owns my heart, and I miss him with everything.  He is always willing to take pictures with me, and he pretends to give me piggy back rides.  I kick him out of my room a lot when i'm trying to watch movies, and he always comes back and runs straight into my closed door, then laughs, and sticks his head in.  I act so annoyed, but then I laugh and secretly love it.  He is the sweetest little boy you will ever me, and I know he was sent to our family for a reason.
My sister rocks.  She never drove me to high school and we've always been tight. She was the best big sister.  She would play paper dolls with me and let me sleep in her bed at night.  We made up secret hand shakes every night in the Sago Lane house, and she even let me decorate clothes with her.  We hand write each other letters now that shes on a mish.  Those letters are ALWAYS filled with boy stories that I have, or boys she wants to send me, or that boy who is on her mind - because face it, if we were together that is the exact thing we would be talking about anyways.
 I have the best mom.  We talk everyday, about everything.  That dates I go on, school, potential work, and what i'm worried about.  The other day she texted me and said, "are you worried about coming home?  Don't worry about it, I will get you here.  I will sell myself if I have too!" Seriously, I have the best mom.  She always seems to make everything work.  Money was tight, but every Sunday we had lunch or dinner as a family.  She always made sure we had lunch money, and that I can do things like go to college in Utah.  She also comments on all my facebook stuff, which I love, and my roommates love.  I don't know all your moms, but I really do think mine is better.
I have an awesome dad too, I know there is no picture, but thats because he some how finds a way to stay away from them.  I love my dad, although I am able to talk all the time like my mom, I got a lot of things from my dad besides my man hands and ugly feet. I can be quiet like my dad.  I am able to sit in a room and not feel the need to talk to the person next to me, often I feel thats how my dad is too.  He's tough, and works hard for our family.  At one point he lived in Charleston for two years on a contract job, he does what he can to provide for our family.  He fixes our cars, and plays trains with bradley.  He works third shift, but still found time to go to Bradleys t-ball games and coach the little kids past first base.  He lived away from us for two years, but drove home every weeked and still made it to our sporting events.  Before I left for college he told me how proud he was that  I was going to run in college, that is also one of my favorite memories.



I love my family.

also: check out this BALLIN blog - its seriously amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words Shoelace. My smack in the middle child...you are an amazing member of our family! I have always told you how easy you are to love...Im not lying!

    ReplyDelete