Friday, November 4, 2011

So remember that time...

When you thought you were really cool, and then realized you probably weren't?
This happens to me quite often.
-In the 6th grade it was that my locker was on the 7th grade hallway
-In the 7th grade it was that I was able to run for the full ten minutes during PE.
-In the 8th grade it was the fact that I had the same purse as one of the 'coolest' girls in the grade.
(I loved that purse with all my heart, it was a brown ROXY one and I even put buttons on it.)
-Also in the 8th grade I decided that I was 'too cool' to run for the full ten minutes, so I walked it.
-My freshman year it was that I dyed my hair pink - only for it to fade a few days later and I was left with bleached tips.
-My sophomore year it was that I had the boy I wanted for the longest time, and I was able to walk to his house.
-My junior year I carried around a bright yellow book bag that had my sisters name on it.
-My senior year I stayed out late with boys, and kissed a lot of them.
-These days I walk into Maceys with all my roommates, all loud, all obnoxious, and we go grocery shopping together.
In these moments, I think i'm pretty cool.  Who wouldn't like college kids filling up there grocery store, being annoying and shoving themselves into carts and weaving in and out of incoming traffic, and of course stopping in the middle of aisles for well needed pictures.  One day I will look back and probably talk about how dumb I was, but for now, I love me.  In my middle school days I loved my brown purse, I loved play cops and robbers  in the hall way after cleaning the lunch tables.  I was on the CUTEST boys top 8 friend list (number one in fact) and I walked into class right on time.  I dyed my hair and carried book bags that didn't belong to me.  I hugged boys in the hallway, ate my bojangles during class, and did everything but study.

I loved me then, and I love me now.  Isn't that whats important?  Loving yourself.  Even when youre dumb, and you make a fool out of yourself - as long as you can laugh at yourself its all you need.  I've found that our a lot since i've been here.  I get sad a lot, I miss my family, and being warm.  But its nights like tonight, where i'm able to be annoying in a grocery store where i'm about to apply for a job at, that i'm alright.  I was put in an apartment with girls who I KNOW I was meant to meet.  I prayed and prayed that I would be put with girls who could understand me, girls who wouldn't be catty and wouldn't judge me.  (If you knew me in high school, you would realize that the extent of girls that I was friends with reached to about...three) These girls are just what I needed, just what I wanted.

1 comment:

  1. Awe...I love reading what makes you cool.
    You forgot to mention fooling your Mom into thinking you bathed regularly!
    WAIT! How many boys constitutes "A LOT" when youre talking about kissing them?
    I seriously love your transparency! Never stop!

    ReplyDelete