Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My life is pretty bland.

I woke up this morning and thought, "Man, I can't wait to come home and nap."
True Life: I'm the most interesting college kid ever <- LIE.
I am so boring, SO BORING.
Let me tell you, I love being by myself, thats weird right?
But I love it, and i'm so good at it - ask my roommates.
I love being able to sit in my room with my headphones on and watch my tv shows, or blog, or actually write in my real life journal.  I don't always have to have plans and I don't always have to be going somewhere.
I love to watch movies, and I love to sit in one place and not move for hours.
I don't really remember being this way before college - but I have small memories of when I was.
Before I came to Utah I was a taxi.
Picked kids up for seminary, drove to school, went to practice, drove home, got Brad from Mrs. Rhondas, drove Jesse to piano, let Brad ride his bike during piano lessons, drove home, drove myself to tutoring, drove Jesse to tutoring, sometimes pit stopped good ol bojangles for me and the boys.

I am not in any way trying to say my parents were absent in this time of my high school life.  My parents worked their butts off for our family AND provided me with a car, with a car came responsibilities and those responsibilities included my brothers - which I love and enjoy driving them places.

Anyways, I always felt like when I did have time to myself...it wasn't really too myself.  I could always hear Bradley running around and playing, and Jesses guitar going which is usually why I sought refuge in other places - like Rachels house.  But here, at college, its almost ALWAYS quiet in my apartment.  This may be because my roommates have lives and don't like sitting by themselves, so they're always gone - or they're just never loud.  I love it.  I'm not used to having all this time to...sit.  I love it, and I take advantage of it.  I have come to terms with the fact that I may be the most boring kid.

More Examples:
This boy in my math class asks me every monday how my weekend was, what did I do, that kinda thing.  I always pause, laugh, and tell him I did nothing.  Sometimes he looks astonished, but I think he is getting used to it.  He also asked what things I had done around Provo since I had been here, I replied, "ummm, i've been to Sammys, the mall, the tumbling gym and the McDonalds down the street." I have SUCH an interesting life.

_________________________________________________________________

Somedays I do things for myself, even though I know I don't need too.  Sometimes I splurge and buy subway at school, sometimes I go to TJ MAXX and buy things that excite me.
I did that yesterday with Adriana.
I am now a proud owner of...
-6 pairs of socks, all bright colored, and every set had a different smiley face with a different mood.
-I also own a new pair of pretty crappy purple head phones.  (I'm really bad with headphones, I always break them so only one ear works unless you hold the wire in just the right place.)
-AND a travel mug so now I can bring hot chocolate to school with me.  I love this little guy.  He is green and has skateboarders all over him.  (I would have picked a cute more girly one but none of them had a opening that could be shut, so I went for the tomboy 5 year old one.)
Buying these three things made me more happy than you could imagine, and I know it was totally worth the money!
__________________________________________________________________

I am obsessed with pinterest.  Awesome right?  Because I of all people need one more thing to be addicted to.   If you've never done it, or looked at it, you should.  Never once in my life have I ever really thought about my wedding, or what I want, or the colors, or decorations or anything.  I've never been that girl.  But on pinterest I have a board called, "The Most Ballin Wedding Ever" and it is anything and everything that I could probably want and will probably never actually do - but the ideas are so cute!  I also have a board where I pretend i'm this really awesome baker and can make all these delicious desserts and easy dinners for my families or roommates.  When in reality, thats not me either.  I can make a dang good grilled cheese, and thats about my extent right now.  But I pretend I can! And that I have all the ingredients I need to make "Cheesey Quesadilla Puffs"  Really, this site is awesome, and you should probably become addicted too.
________________________________________________________________

Although I was not an avid Harry Potter book reader, I was at the movie theater every midnight premiere standing in line waiting for the doors to be opened.  I saw this video on one of my friends walls and had to repost it.  I thought it was absolutely beautiful, and almost brought some tears.

please enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I just figured out I have a crush on Ron.
    Weird...I know.
    I have empathy for the underdog.
    Cant help it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS
    ...you're NOT boring
    and
    ...you're definitely NOT bland.
    You're LOW MAINTENANCE!
    -and that is a GREAT thing to be!

    ReplyDelete