Thursday, September 15, 2011

so sometimes...


I love acoustic guitar, music in general mostly.  Tonight our friend Christian played this for our apartment.  Have I mentioned that we love him?  He was real real nervous when he first came over, we're talkin shakin nervous, but then he just couldnt stop.  He writes his own songs, he played it for us, but he wouldn't let me record him - he yelled at me when I did.  He can even play the sweet guitar moments from August Rush!  He got his acoustic guitar from a guy in his homeward for free, the only thing Christian has to do in return is go and play for him every once in a while - pretty dang legit. This makes me want to be musically talented in some way, instead I just eat.

Speaking of eating, my stomach freaked out when I ate McDonalds today, im talkin freaked.  I laid of my couch and thought I was gonna see it all again.  Whats wrong with this!? If I cant even handle normal american food, whats gonna happen when I go home to eat some BOJ?! i'm just gonna die, end of story.


I made southern dinner for the dinner group today! Dinner group is ten people from or ward and someone in the group has an assigned night to make dinner for everyone, so we're all promised dinner sunday - thursday. Apparently on Fridays and Saturdays we're supposed to date and get married.  Anyways, I made GRITS, bacon, gravy, biscuits (burnt), and eggs.  The grits were a pretty big hit, not gonna lie.  I made 12 servings and theyre all gone! We eventually added brown sugar and bacon and all that good stuff.  It was way exciting.

PS: These are my super cool roommates. 
(Katelyn, Jenna, Me, Coralee, Adriana)                                                

Have I ever mentioned how much I like them? Cause I do, a lot.  Especially because they all liked my grits.  Have I mentioned we're all best friends? Cause we are.  Also, we all like the same music. And usually we all do our homework in the living room because we hate being alone in our rooms - which actually results in us taking hours and hours longer than it should to get it done.  But I still love it.  The other day Jenna died my hair while I wrote a paper, Coralee did spanish, Katelyn did chemistry and Adriana laid on the floor.  Oh and my hair is dyed, pink - kinda.  It was pink at first, but now its purple.  Although I have no pictues of the purple, so heres the pink.

Kinda like my freshman year...of high school.  But hey - I really love my hood.  Cant you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment