Monday, September 5, 2011

provo lovin

Last night was a rough night.

I hang up the phone and sigh in some upset tone.
Adriana - "Was that him?"
Me - "Yep, he wanted to say goodnight."
"you okay?"
"nope, he didn't really like the Andrew thing.  I don't know why that bothered him but k.awk didn't."
"its cause he knows a white boy doesn't stand a chance with you, you like em dark.  He's just worried cause he loves you.  You'd be worried too."
Shes right, I sighed again, mostly in annoyence that I shouldn't be annoyed. I turned on some country music, got a pretty pen and copied some saved texts into my journal.  Turn the lights off, hug Baxter and slowly drift off into a restless sleep.

*****
I took an adventure to Wal-Mart with Jenna and Christian today, our friend from apartment 93.  We saw husky puppies on the side of the road for sale so Jenna finds the first parking spot, throws her car in park, and runs over to them.  I love this girl.  We all passed a puppy around, they were 500 dollars each.  Christian said if we all pitched in money we could do it, I mean who needs grocerys anyways?  We realized how completely logical this was not and put the puppies down.  We continued on with our real shopping and one of the first foods I picked up was grits, the cheesy kind.

Jenna : Grits - you really are from the south.
Dang Right I Am.
Christian : I had grits once from Dennys, they weren't very good.  I don't like the texture.
Me : I bet I could make grits better than Dennys.
I grabbed the kind that already has cheese in them, I love this kind.
Jenna : Wait, cheesy grits?
Me : Yes, cheesy grits.

*****

After my grocery shopping adverture with Jenna and C-Ris we make it back to the apartment, everyone is chillin in the living room and kitchen.

Jenna - "Lacey, your boy added me on facebook!"
Katelyn - "Wait, he better add me!"
Coralee - "Me too!"
Adriana - "I wanna be facebook friends with him too!"

******

Today I was in the car with Coralee and Katelyn.  Our orginal plan was to buy chalkboard paint for our living room. It was to expensive.  Instead Coralee got grocerys, we drove to the DI - it was closed, we took care of Molly (Katelyns grandparents dog), and hit up Jasons Deli.  This was on the way home.

Me - "I told him I going to send him a scout from Utah, he'll come up here, we'll get married and live in the marriage housing since its on every corner...and then I'll convert him."
Katelyn - "How does he feel about the church?"
"He doesn't bash me for it. He loves how I love it.  We had a really intense conversation at three in the morning about it. I asked him if he would every consider it - he said hes a conspiracy kinda guy, he wants to know things are for real.  It was to big of a question for him to answer on the spot, I knew it would be.  Its a big change, he said he needed time to think about it. I think he could love it though."
"I think he could love it too."

*****

Last night after ward prayer I made brownies and Adriana made gingersnap cookies...for the fifth night in a row. I asked if anyone wanted peanut butter in their brownies, it was given yes.  As I stirred the mix together I told my new best friends a story.
"The first week of summer I went to the beach with a lot of my friends, a boy I liked a lot went too.  He made these there and that was the first time I had ever had them.  He pretty much had my attention from then on.  But after the beach trip he ended up being dumb and now we don't talk anymore."
someone replied, "well, at least you learned how to make these awesome brownies."
We all laughed.

I love these ladies, and we've only been here for two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment