Thursday, December 15, 2011

home home home home

I hate planes, with a passion.
I think once upon a time, I loved flying, I use to love the feeling of taking off and landing and that feeling in your stomach when it seems like your stomach fell to your toes.  Now that feeling just makes me want to throw up, I feel old. 

But, I’m on my way home! Therefore I can officially deal with these feelings of hatred towards planes.  I’m flying home with Corey. Gasp! Coreys home?! Aren’t you not supposed to see him till you go home for Christmas?!   Breathe everyone, he came to surprise me.  Yes, I have the best mom, roommates, and big brother ever.  Apparently my mom had been planning this for weeks and mass messaged my roommates to tell them all about it. Also, my mom is bffs with all my roommates, they’re all facebook friends with her.  When they post something it’s not legit until my mom comments on it.  Go mom, you rock.
Anyways, Corey doesn’t have an iPod.  So I’m letting him use mine in exchange for him letting me use his pillow, (I forgot Baxter).  Well, if you were to see Corey right you would see him passed out, listening to my ipod, and using his pillow.  My sleeping medicine wore off already, and he just barely took his, therefore I had no need for the pillow, so he ended up with both.  Lucky.  This is the third plane we’ve been on.  We flew from Salt Lake to Phoenix, to Denver, and now to Charlotte.  Why the planes backtracked, I have no idea.  But I was asleep on both other planes before we even left the ground, but not on this plane.  There is terrible spacing between me and the seat in front of me so I can’t use my tray as a mini bed, also I’m on the outside which is possibly the worst season on an airplane.  My legs keep getting hit by people walking around, and I have nowhere to lay my head, I also spilled my water..everywhere.  Did I mention I hate planes?

So, while Corey was visiting me I tried to make Provo as appealing as possible.  Not that that I don’t love Provo, but you kinda have to let the town grow on you.  We went to jump on it his first night.  For you, non-Mormon and non-Provo kids, jump on it is the best thing you could ever go too.  Its just a warehouse full of trampolines all over the ground and walls, you pay ten dollars for two hours, and go crazy.  We went to school, he took his math placement test and I took my finals.  He looked at apartments and is living in glenwood! He’s going to be in my ward! Cool stuff.  (That means when Lyndsi comes to live with me we would have gone from being a country apart, to literally two seconds) We also went to see the lights at Salt Lake with my ward on Monday night.  Christmas lights is absolutely one of my favorite things about Christmas, I love love love love love lights.  I used to be worried about Corey coming home, how do you talk to someone you haven’t seen in two years? That’s a lot of time to catch up on.  But it didn’t take long for me and corey to fall into the groove we used to have before he life.  I know about his girls, and he knows about my boys.

Watch our reunion at the airport here !

To refer to something said before, finals.  I’M DONE! My first semester of college is over, I can’t believe its flown by like it has.  This morning before I left to take my last final the roommates opened presents.  Katelyn and Adriana had theirs ready, so we opened those.  Katelyn made these ballin picture frames and matched the colors in the back ground with our personality, and then found scriptures to match us.  Adriana made mini chalkboards for all of us since we really really wanted a chalkboard wall but it never worked out.  I promised them I’d bring them back something.  Aren’t my roommates great? We’re such a family.  We’ve only been together for four months and so much has brought us closer together.  The apartment crush we all had on this boy in our ward, and the other boy we all had a crush on (we got over both of those quick), the first Monday where we planned to play volleyball with everyone so we knocked on all the boys doors to ask them to join, they all ended up becoming best friends with each other and we watched, our tally wall, shopping trips, break ups, engagements, first dates, dance parties anxiety attacks, movie nights, being taken over by fruit flies, family problems, you name it, we’ve been through it and conquered it like champs.  They are a part of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment