Thursday, October 13, 2011

Want a Good Time?

Just in case you stalk my blog more than you stalk my facebook, heres an update with the roommates.  This is exactly that it looks like.  We have made a promise that when you kiss, snug, or hold hands with a boy, you must owe the other roommates a prize. Pretty much the best idea ever.  Only we're starting fresh, which means all those boys Adriana and Jenna have already snugged/kissed/held hands with don't count.  And if you do one of these things with a boy you have already done that with, it still doesn't count.  Does that make sense? It must be a new boy, and a new activity.  I'm not sure how we came up with the idea, but i think its a pretty legit one if I say so myself.  Adriana is going to be oweing us lots and lots of ice cream.  One day this week, we're going to make prediction of where we think each roommate will end up at the end of the semester.  This is how we bond. 

There are even more girls that I love besides the ones in my apartment! They are the ones on my team.  Honestly, with out those girls, I wouldn't still be running.  They are the ones that push me through every workout, and they make sure we all stay together, as a team.  I love these girls, and I love this team. The other day I was talking to one of the girls and she told me how its hard for her to go to school here.  She is absolutely in love with running, it calms her down, but after practice she goes to work, and then home, and spends all her time doing homework.  It hard on her, she has no time for anything and college is dang expensive. But she didn't want to tell people about it because she wasn't looking for pity. Yes! This is me! Minus the work part, because i'm not doing that right now.  But the "college is too expensive for my family, I don't want pity, but sometimes I need someone to talk to about it" I was so happy to find that. I don't know if I told her enough that I understood exactly what she meant, because I do.  Props to this girl, she works hard at everything she does, and she loves running more than anything i've ever seen.  I am so proud of her.

Shout Out to Kenny Love!
It's his birthday! He's old!
Everyone love Ken a little bit more today.

Speaking of birthdays, I turn 18 tomorrow. Whoa.
Okay, not only am I the youngest person on my team, almost the youngest in my ward, and for sure the youngest in my apartment, I feel so old.
Eighteen?! I can do things by myself now, like sign for myself. 
And call those commercials that say you have to be 18 or older to order.
And now I won't have to lie to get into the tumbling gym. (if youre under 18, you need a parent signature)
I can also buy lottery tickets! Except apparently those don't exist in Utah, anywhere. Lame.
Almost two years ago I had a birthday party at the O'Connels Lake House.
Now i'm in Utah, turning 18, and i'm not really sure what i'm doing for my birthday.
It came so fast!
Crazy stuff.

I have a new obsession.
I told Coralee how lately I really really really love when people cover other songs.  She told me to listen to Boyce Avenue on youtube.  Ho Man, i'm addicted.  They are AWESOME.  They also do mash-ups, which is another favorite of mine.

Did I mention I might be coming home for fall break?
Lets hope I do, because if I don't, i'm going to crawl into a hole and cry.
I miss home so much, so much. Maybe not necessarily Mooresville, but my family, and that boy I snug with that lives across the street, and Rachel, and Bojangles.  If I could just bring all those things to Utah, I promise i'd be set, for life.  I love this place, but I love North Carolina. If I make it home I get to see Jesse perform! He has a solo in his chorus concert.  My littler brother is a balla, sometimes he even tells me he misses me.  Isn't that nice of him? I miss him too.  Its even warm in North Carolina! Like 80 degrees warm, so awesome.  I can't wait.
Everyone pray the flights stay empty so I can make it home with no hassle and no tears.
K, thanks.


*Confession*
I feel like i'm really...open on this mess.
Which I love. It is so freeing, and makes me feel so calm.
Mostly I think its because I don't really know who all is reading this.
I want to know.  Who are you?



No comments:

Post a Comment