Monday, October 3, 2011

Blogging Makes Me Feel Better

Can I please just talk about how much I absolutely LOVE living in Utah?
Cause I do.
Yes, I get sad sometimes.
Yes, I miss home a lot.
But now this place is my home.

Today was a good day, turned bad, turned worse, turned awesome.
We were at dinner group and I figured some things out, I turned into those girls I hate.
Those jealous, freaking out over nothing, blowing things out of proportion girls.
(Although, I feel like everyone needs a spaz moment - I graciously took mine)
I told my roommates.
"find yourself a frill."
"don't even worry, cause we're gonna make you look super hot and take lots of pictures."
"dumb."
"here, just come cuddle with us."
So I did.  We took up almost all of Mike Jones awesome corner couch.
My legs stretched across Coralee and Katelyn and I laid of Coralees shoulder and freaked out.
(I would have snugged with Jenna and Adriana also, but my legs just arent that long)
They made me feel better, i love my roommates.

We went on to Sams apartment.
Sam is our FHE Dad, hes super fly - SUPER.
We waited for him to get off work, had our spiritual thought, and went on with our activity.
It was MUSTACHE MONDAY!
Some colleges have
*Ladies in free before eleven night
*Beer for 16 cents with college I.D.
*and so on...
Here, in the prove, we have mustache monday.
You wear a mustache to this really super cool place called sammys and guess what, you get a free grilled cheese.  FREE.  Do you know what that means to us poor college kids? It means everything.
These are our cool faces.  We weren't allowed to draw them on ourselves, someone else had too.  This is everyone!
(Jenna, Katie, Coralee, Adriana, Sam, Me, John)
And by everyone, I mean everyone who showed up tonight, so not everyone.  Its supposed to be two apartments of girls, two of boys. ...we were missing a few.  But that DID NOT take the fun away from this adventure.  It was the BEST TIME.  It brought my night up to sure a higher note.  We don't do these kinds of things in mooresville, you know? You'd be a freak if you wore a mustache to a restaurant.  Granted, I absolutely love these kids. (And the ones who weren't in this picture)  I love having fun with the dumbest, smallest, FREE activities.
THIS - IS - ME

This is what I want to share with everyone.  The people here are so uplifting, even in simple activities.  Days like this at home I would have just sulked in my room.  Or sulked in Rachels room.  Not here, no sulking allowed.  I was just a little upset (okay, a lot) and I was all the sudden surrounded by the people I love, and that love me, and they made me feel better.

These are my girls, my best friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment