Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Swim For The Brighter Days

"I don't kiss the boys I actually like."
"The only reason I went to school today was because it was the first day."
"Why is everyone so marriage hungry? Welcome to Utah."
"I didn't realize I just sat us in the middle of three guys who we no longer talk too.  This is awkward."
"I feel like youre a little sad, you should find a tanning bed, get some fake sun therapy."
"I'll be patient with you."
"I'm stressin out because I feel like I can't talk to the person who always stops me from stressin out."
"I just want to eat something bad for me."
"Maybe i'll just write him on his mission, make him fall in love with me, and then date him when he gets home. It's a fool proof plan."
"Lacey, the hard part is over now."
"You just hit about four different emotions in less than five minutes."
"Over everything else, i'm your best friend - remember that."
"Heavenly Father probably just wanted to humble you.  He was probably thinking, 'she things shes doing really well right now, she needs to calm down."
"Coralee, want to come to a bonfire?" "I'll go if Lacey goes."
"Lacey, want to go to a bonfire?!" "I don't know, is Coralee going!?"
These things have been my past week.
Thats all I have to say about that.

You know that moment when you're listening to your teacher, but then you realize you really stopped listening a long time ago?  At least with a voice you can retain some sort of information, or catch key words.  In my ASL class, i'm not so lucky.  I usually have no idea what my professor is trying to tell us anyways, but I find myself watching him - and then zoning out more than usual.  We're not allowed to speak in his class, only sign.  Today we had to write down five words, at first he didn't tell us why.  (Or maybe he did, but I didn't understand).  Then after a lot of explaining and gestures we figured out that we had to sign our words across the room to our partner using the finger alaphbet.  Needless to say my words changed from: Running, Soccer, Food, Showering, and Bus to Eat, Run, Clean, Dog, but I of course kept Food.  I find this language so interesting, and so beautiful.  Watching my teacher trying to get his point across, and having to use his facial expressions reminds me why I took this class.  He is so patient with us.  He was born deaf, so was his parents, and his sister - therefore he never had to learn how to read lips.  As of right now, I can only spell a few things, but I love it. 

My life feels cluttered.
But instead of cleaning out my life - I deal with it in other ways.
I organize my pinterest boards.
I clean out from under my bed.
I bake, and then clean all my dishes immediately after.
I sleep.
I start a million different letters to Lyndsi but I never end up getting anywhere because either I write too slow and then so much more information happens - or I can't write her name as pretty as I want along the top so I get frustrated and give up.

Someone send me some fried chicken please.

1 comment:

  1. This fried chicken thing is bordering on ridiculous. Seriously...can you not find ANYTHING comparable to Bojangles? Im thinking of moving to Utah anyway...since 3/5 of my minions are already there. Forget dental hygiene...Im thinking of a franchise.

    ReplyDelete