Monday, September 2, 2013

You're Too Sugary

It still amazes me how much the girls I nanny retain from our past conversations, this is part of one I had with the oldest one, Skylar, a few weeks ago.
The three girls and I are all laying in Skys bed, Cambree and Kylie are playing on the computer and Skylar is sitting on me at the end of the bed.


Sky, you know the grocery store Maceys?
Yeah
I have an interview there tomorrow, do you know what an interview is?
Nope.
They're gonna sit down and talk with me to see if they want me to work there.
YOU'RE GONNA WORK AT MACEYS THE GROCERY STORE?!
Maybe, they need to talk to me first.
Well, they may not think you're a good fit..
Whys that?
Because all you've done is take care of old people (cleaning houses) and answer phones (Vivint).
Well I watch you guys, and I worked at Baskin Robbins.
Right, but since you worked with ice cream you're too sugary. They might not want you to work there.
Too sugary? They have ice cream at Maceys, so I could still work with ice cream.
Yeah, but you're too sugary. If they don't want you to work there its cause you're too sugary. 

I'm still not entirely sure what she meant by that.

Skylar also recently bought a fish with her own money.
It is a beautiful purple and pink Beta fish with a small fish bowl covered in colorful rocks and a purple and pink princess castle.
The fishes name is Thomas.
(Skylar had a friend at school in kindergarden who is still kinda her friend, but not really, named Thomas. For Halloween he dressed up as a train.)
I asked her why she bought Thomas and she told me it was because he was going to be her best friend, and she really wanted someone to sleep with her.
...Thomas sits next to the sink in the Kitchen swimming in little circles in his bowl.
She always reminds me that she needs to feed him after dinner.
(Thomas recently passed away, apparently Sky really wanted to hold him...)

I was able to go to dinner with their dinner the other night and I mentioned how Skylar was going to be a heartbreaker when she got older - she looked at me with worried eyes and said, "What?! I'm not a heartbreaker!"
She will be.
I just think Skylar is so cool and I can't wait to watch her grow up.

2 comments:

  1. How is it that I never know when you post? How do I get an email alert or something? This jewel is a month old and I have never seen it!
    I'm with Skylar - you're awful a lot sugary. I think maybe she was trying to make you UNQUALIFIED for that job so that you could keep on being her nanny. Ya think?
    I love you! I love sugary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to check your blog more often. This made me cry. You are our sugary girl!!! And I agree with your mom ;) She didn't want you to go!

    ReplyDelete